Snap One is a leading manufacturer and exclusive source of control, A/V, surveillance, networking, power, and infrastructure equipment for residential and commercial professionals. With a vast catalogue of today’s most popular brands, Snap One is the premier choice for professional installers across the globe. We believe that life’s better when everything works together, and the same can be said about the collaborative work we do. Join our award-winning team in our continuous quest to deliver the most brilliant, personalized smart living and smart business experiences to people around the world.
The Product Data Science team seeks a Data Engineer to leverage extensive data, and aid Snap One engineers in developing reliable, appealing platforms. The team acquires and assesses real-time platform data safely to support Snap One's design and development, utilizing software tools to orchestrate data. The Product Data Science team uses data and AI to build new features and abilities into platform products, facilitated by automated data engineering tools.
In this role, you will work as a member of a fast-growing team, to build and support data pipelines and data models for analytics, data science, and machine learning use cases.
- Designing and implementing data pipelines to efficiently extract, transform, and load (ETL) from various data sources into a central repository or data warehouse
- Building and maintaining scalable and robust data infrastructure, including data lakes, and distributed computing systems that are equipped to handle large volumes of data
- Implement, and build data solutions using Spark, Python, Databricks, and the AWS ecosystem (S3, Redshift, EMR, Athena, Glue).
- Implementing data validation and cleaning processes to ensure data quality and monitoring data pipelines for errors or anomalies
- Optimizing data storage and retrieval processes to enhance performance and reduce latency, particularly through techniques such as indexing, partitioning, and caching
- Implementing data security and privacy measures, including data encryption, access controls, and compliance with data governance policies and regulations
- Collaborating with data scientists and data analysts to understand metrics and data requirements and to provide them with access to the necessary data sets and data systems
- Mentor, coach, and inspire the engineers on the team. Identify and fill gaps in the team and create the processes necessary for the team's success.
- Adapt, learn, grow, and teach to deliver world-class products and platforms
- Bring a curious mind to current business problems and opportunities, expanding your understanding of all products in the SnapOne ecosystem
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field and 5+ years' work experience in a data-related role
- Strong programming skills and proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java, Scala
- Knowledge of data engineer skills such as data management, data visualization, and familiarity with data architecture
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in building scalable data platforms and reliable data pipelines using technologies such as Spark, Databricks, AWS Kinesis, and/or Kafka
- Database and query language expertise in database systems like SQL, NoSQL
- Experience working with large volumes of metadata and schemas
- Hands-on experience in ETL/ELT and data integration
- Data warehousing knowledge, including data modeling, data security, and data governance understanding
- Understanding how the role complements others working with machine learning, data science, algorithms, business intelligence
- Exemplify effective communication
- Work experience in IoT or other cloud-enabled technology
- Demonstrable experience working with Databricks and Spark
- Dimensional modeling techniques
- ML engineering experience, including MLOps, data preparation, etc.
Snap One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.