Snap One is a leading manufacturer and exclusive source of control, A/V, surveillance, networking, power, and infrastructure equipment for residential and commercial professionals. With a vast catalogue of today’s most popular brands, Snap One is the premier choice for professional installers across the globe. We believe that life’s better when everything works together, and the same can be said about the collaborative work we do. Join our award-winning team in our continuous quest to deliver the most brilliant, personalized smart living and smart business experiences to people around the world.
The Embedded Software Development Engineer will report to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for working with a team of Engineers and Developers to develop a range of end-customer products. The individual will contribute to solutions that cross multiple engineering disciplines and deliver the highest-quality products used daily by businesses, families, and individuals. The successful individual will help design and deliver new capabilities that will challenge yourself, while noticeably impacting people's quality of life.
- Develop and test complex application software in a multi-function, multi-team product environment
- Develop and test kernel and driver level software to support user mode applications
- Develop unit and integration test software to contribute to the CI/CD automation pipeline
- Create test automation frameworks to ensure high-quality firmware
- Debug embedded software issues on hardware platforms
- Participate in Agile and Kanban development planning and meetings
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or computer science
- 3+ years experiences in embedded Linux development
- Proficient in C/C++ programming, embedded development (including micro-controllers), and test tools
- Programming background in Shell scripting
- Proficient in version control GIT, GIT Flow
- Work experience developing devices or controllers which communicate over Zigbee and Z-Wave communication protocols
- LUA programming experience
- Experience working with network technologies and protocols including IP, UDP, TCP, multicast, etc.
- Familiarity with standard embedded design hardware tools such as debuggers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, etc.
Snap One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.