Snap One is a leading manufacturer and exclusive source of control, A/V, surveillance, networking, power, and infrastructure equipment for residential and commercial professionals. With a vast catalogue of today’s most popular brands, Snap One is the premier choice for professional installers across the globe. We believe that life’s better when everything works together, and the same can be said about the collaborative work we do. Join our award-winning team in our continuous quest to deliver the most brilliant, personalized smart living and smart business experiences to people around the world.
We are seeking a talented and passionate Associate DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer to join our global Cloud Technology DevOps / SRE team. You will be part of an international team of service-led technology professionals who work with different software development and operational teams across the business to deliver highly-performant, scalable, secure, and highly available cloud infrastructure utilizing industry best practices.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment where change is a constant and innovation and creativity are rewarded? Do you want your ideas not just listened to but acted upon? Do you want the opportunity to directly influence technology adoption and help shape our future? Do you enjoy working with people as much as technology? As a successful individual you will:
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and adapt, with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies.
- Have a strong sense of ownership with a desire to communicate and collaborate with other engineers and teams
- Be a person who likes to move fast, pragmatically tackling problems with a can-do attitude
- Be a passionate individual who loves getting their hands dirty in designing, analysing and troubleshooting systems
- Be a dedicated lifelong learner who is always looking for new things to learn and try
- Demonstrate a passion for reliability, continuous improvement and automation
- Have the motivation to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Work within the team to improve our tools, making suggestions and improvements
- Emphasize automation to build a more available, reliable, and scalable platform
- Design, document, implement, maintain, and support technology solutions that utilize best practices, including security and scalability, to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Designs, configures, implements, and supports automated workflows for provisioning and maintaining a complex, highly available cloud using infrastructure as code
- Utilize tools to monitor, predict, and mitigate system issues
- Understands product, cost, and experience implications and trade-offs of implementing improved reliability, performance, scalability, and operational abilities
- Work closely with engineering and development teams utilizing DevOps methodologies and culture
- Make documentation a priority, enabling the team to share knowledge effectively and efficiently
Desirable Skills and Experience
- A degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other technical engineering discipline, and/or industry experience in a relevant field.
- Proficiency in major cloud platforms (preferably Amazon Web Services) and understanding of cloud services, including compute, storage, networking, and security offerings.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Python) and Infrastructure As Code tools (Terraform preferred)
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker) and orchestration platforms (e.g. Kubernetes) for managing containerized applications.
- Familiarity with any monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK Stack) and alerting platforms (e.g. OpsGenie) for proactive system management.
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and tooling (e.g. Github)
Snap One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.