Snap One is a leading manufacturer and exclusive source of control, A/V, surveillance, networking, power, and infrastructure equipment for residential and commercial professionals. With a vast catalogue of today’s most popular brands, Snap One is the premier choice for professional installers across the globe. We believe that life’s better when everything works together, and the same can be said about the collaborative work we do. Join our award-winning team in our continuous quest to deliver the most brilliant, personalized smart living and smart business experiences to people around the world.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for expanding sales through new and existing customers within an assigned territory. This role requires and individual with strong business acumen and a background in technical and relationship sales. The Business Development Manager will continuously expand customer understanding and leverage Snap One’s connected product suite to drive revenue. The Business Development Manager should have excellent presentation skills with the ability to constantly assess the needs of the customer while selling an evolving and expanding portfolio of products.
*Candidate's preferred location: Chicago, Milwaukee, Des Moines, or Springfield
- Identify and develop new prospects, generate product interest and expand category penetration within assigned customer base
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual KPI’s
- Expand wallet share with existing and new customers in the connected suite of products, such as but not limited to control, networking, surveillance, lighting, intelligent power, and speakers
- Consistently update and manage CRM data to provide visibility and clarity on business status and progress
- Analyze sales results and insights to help drive customer satisfaction and retention
- Explain technical, industry and market facts to best position our products as a competitive solution
- Follow up on inbound leads from other internal marketing channels, sales teams and/or other customers
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and business leaders
- Effective internal communication regarding customers, products and services to maximize sales growth opportunity
- Ensure continued customer satisfaction, build and maintain customer relationships and follow up with company resources to make sure after sales support is received
- Partner with other field-based resources and internal teams to create synergy amongst all business initiatives
- Capable of multi-tasking and self-managing day-to-day scheduling
- Up to 60% travel to attend key customer meetings, prospecting new leads, trade shows and industry events
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 6+ years’ experience in area sales, business development or related sales position
- 4+ years’ experience in custom AV/electronics
- Demonstrated track record of proven business results
- Problem-solver with strong client/executive relationship management abilities
- Effective presentation and demonstration skills via Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Willing to travel up to 60%
- Active driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience using Salesforce
- Knowledge of the industry within the assigned territory
Snap One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.