Location: Dandenong South, VIC, Australia
Requisition ID: 2839
DescriptionSnap One is a leading manufacturer and exclusive source of control, A/V, surveillance, networking, power, and infrastructure equipment for residential and commercial professionals. With a vast catalogue of today’s most popular brands, Snap One is the premier choice for professional installers across the globe. We believe that life’s better when everything works together, and the same can be said about the collaborative work we do. Join our award-winning team in our continuous quest to deliver the most brilliant, personalized smart living and smart business experiences to people around the world.
Reporting to a Technical Support Supervisor, the Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for answering dealer technical inquiries through phone, chat and email communication specific to the Snap One product lines, including but not limited to Control4, Araknis, Triad, Pakedge, Luma and Binary. The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, environment that is goal oriented and emphasizes accountability for delivering results. The Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for establishing a point of resolution for each technical inquiry from our partners in a variety of markets including APAC, USA and UK, as well as liaising with different internal departments around the globe.
· Serve as contributing member of a high-performing technical support team by supplying our customers Control4 product support via phone, email, and chat
· Listen attentively to customer needs and concerns
· Participate in monitoring and answering dealer inquiries through a technical forum
· Create knowledge base articles for our tech support knowledge base
· Participate in product Beta testing and provide feedback
· Collaborate with the product development team and provide feedback when necessary, including validating and authoring defect reports
· Ability to learn home automation, IoT, Media distribution (HDBaseT or Video over IP), high end audio, HVAC, Low Voltage wiring, Electrical wiring, Smart lighting, etc.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 1 Year Customer Service Experience
· In-field Experience in one or more of the following fields: Home Automation, High Voltage, Low Voltage, Security, Multiroom audio/Video, Networking, Surveillance
· Technical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot complex systems
· Interest in the technical industry and products (IoT, Smart Home, Surveillance, Networking, Home Theater, etc.)
· Advanced Degree
· Residential automation install/programming experience (preferably Control4)
· Professional experience installing and/or troubleshooting Control4 products or services
· Experience with Salesforce
· Previous call center experience
· Knowledge of networking including, advanced router configurations, use of managed switches, firewalls, VLAN configurations
· CCNA, Network+, or equivalent industry network qualificationsSnap One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.